In the fast-paced digital age, internet speed and browser efficiency are important factors for web users. If you are looking for a fast way to browse the web you should install AOL Gold on your computer. The AOL Desktop Gold browser is a smart program that allows AOL users to access different services on one platform. If you want to improve your user experience further, you should create a shortcut for AOL Desktop Gold on your device. This blog will give you an overview of the steps you need to follow to add or create the AOL Desktop Gold Icon on your desktop.
Solution 1: Use the Task-Bar Option
The Task-Bar at the bottom of your screen gives you easy access to a variety of apps and programs on your computer. You can use the taskbar option to create a shortcut for AOL Desktop Gold:
- Click the small triangle or arrow in the right corner of the taskbar.
- Open the hidden icons menu and look for AOL Desktop Gold.
- Right-click the AOL Desktop Gold icon and continue.
- Access the drop-down menu and click the ‘Create Shortcut’ option.
- Close the menu and the hidden icons and check you’re desktop to see if the shortcut to AOL Desktop Gold is visible or not.
If you find that the icon is missing you may have to refresh your computer or restart your system for it to appear.
Solution 2: Create a Shortcut from the Desktop
The desktop is the main system of organization of icons on your computer screen. You can follow the steps below to create a shortcut directly from the desktop:
- Use your mouse and right-click anywhere on the desktop.
- Scroll down to the ‘New’ option and select “Shortcut”.
- Press ‘Browse’ and search for the AOL Desktop Gold App.
- Select the application and then click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- You have the option of renaming the shortcut if you want, then you can click ‘Finish.’
After you complete the process, you can close the window and then check the desktop icon to make sure the AOL Desktop Gold icon is visible on your desktop. If you find that the shortcut is still not visible or if you browse the computer but cannot find the AOL app you may need to reinstall AOL Gold once again. You can always call the customer support number if you need help. Professional technicians and software experts are available 24 hours a day to help you with any error related to your AOL software.