If the address book contacts of your AOL Desktop Gold have disappeared, then it is a severe issue. However, you can efficiently resolve this issue on your own by going through the steps mentioned in this blog. You can try to synchronize the AOL Email address book with your AOL Desktop Gold and can even check if you have stable internet connectivity or not.
Steps to resolve missing Address Book of AOL Desktop Gold
You can restore the missing AOL Desktop Gold address book by following the tips mentioned below in the blog:
- Internet Connectivity : You need to first check the internet connection, whether it is working fine or not. You also have to see whether you have stable connectivity or not. You can also try to access your AOL Desktop Gold on other web browsers rather than your favourite one.
- Open your AOL Email : You can even try to login to your AOL Email account by entering the correct username and password, to see that your email is not the culprit of this error. If you can see the address book on your AOL Email but not on your AOL Desktop Gold, then the problem is with your AOL Gold.
- Sync the Address Book : One way to fix the error is by synchronizing the address book with your AOL Desktop Gold. Moreover, for synchronizing it
- You first have to log in to your AOL Desktop Gold.
- Now try to run the fixit.aol.com page and then follow the onscreen instruction to sync the AOL address book with Desktop Gold.
- Once done, you can check the address book of your AOL Desktop God and see if it is there or not.
- Restore System Setting : You can also try to restore the system setting of your PC by choosing the option of system restores from your Control Panel. In this way, you can restore your PC to the time when it was running smoothly.
Even after executing these steps, if the error of missing address books persists, then you have to re-install AOL Desktop Gold by removing or uninstalling the previous version of the Desktop Gold software from your system.