There are times when you are required to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold because of compatibility issues or problems with the desktop gold software itself. And when these instances happen, you need to know how you can safely uninstall it first so that you will be able to reinstall the software. But before you can move forward with the procedure, check if the system requirement is verified before you download AOL Desktop Gold or else you will keep having software complications repeatedly. After you have updated your Windows 10 on your computer, you often stumble upon the need to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold because of conflicting software problems. This needs to be done at the earliest if you want to continue using desktop gold.
How to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold in Windows.
Before you can reinstall Desktop gold, first you must uninstall it from the system. And to do that you need to follow the steps below:
- On your windows screen, click on the start button and go to the control
- Under the control panel you will see the option called ‘programs’ and under this, you need to click on ‘programs and features’.
- Now select either ‘remove programs and features’ or ‘uninstall a program’. When the list of all the programs are displayed, click on AOL Desktop Gold icon and click ‘remove’ or ‘uninstall’.
- After you are done with the uninstallation process, restart the system and proceed with the reinstallation procedure.
Reinstall AOL Desktop in windows.
After you have successfully uninstalled the software, follow the steps below to reinstall it on the system.
- First things first, go to the official AOL site to download the .exe file for the latest AOL Desktop Gold version.
- After the download is complete, locate it and open it on the computer. Click ‘install now’ to start the procedure.
- When the installation is done, log in using your credentials and accept any importing messages to let you have access to your previous data.
The above points are the necessary steps you must apply to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on Windows. Be sure to follow the steps exactly and be very careful while downloading the software file. Make sure to download it from a reliable source or else you could end up downloading viruses and malware to your system. If you are faced with technicalities during the process, you can get help from the online AOL customer service site.