AOL Desktop Gold software is used by people all over the world because of its amazing properties, and one such feature is the ability to back up the data. It can backup your data to a file so that it can easily be transferred to another computer. These data include mail saved on your system, Favorites, and settings for all the username that is associated with AOL desktop Gold. You can install AOL Desktop Gold on your system for enjoying all these features.
Steps to Export AOL Desktop Gold Data
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps if you want to export the AOL Desktop Gold data from one computer to another.
- Sign in to AOL Desktop Gold by entering the email credential.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Go to the General settings and then click on the My Data tab.
- You have to now click on the button of Export.
- You have to choose the location of your choice to save the export file and click save. By default, it will be saved on the file in your folder of My Documents named AOL Desktop Backup along with the date when the backup was created.
- For added security, you have the option of creating a password for your export file. You’ll be asked for the password while importing the data on another computer.
- The progress window of export will open and will notify you when the export process is completed.
- You can use the removable USB flash drive for transferring the file into another computer.
- Now you have to sign in to Desktop Gold on the second computer by entering username and password.
- Now click on the Settings icon.
- You have to go to General Settings and then click on the My Data tab.
- Now tap on the Import.
- You need to select the file which you want to move over by using the USB flash drive.
- If a prompt appears, then you have to enter the password you created for this export file.
If you are finding any issue while exporting your desktop data to another computer, then you don’t have to worry, as you can fix this issue easily by reinstalling the software again. You can download AOL desktop Gold setup file from the official page of AOL and then can install it quickly. However, don’t forget to uninstall the previous version before installing the new version.