Technical issues and software errors that occur while using AOL Desktop Gold can be quite frustrating because they can affect your work. If you are not sure about the source of the problem, then the best thing would be to install AOL Desktop Gold from scratch and then restart the program. This blog will give you instructions on how you can reinstall the software, as well as some other basic solutions you can follow to fix AOL Desktop Gold Error 104.
Solutions to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104
Solution 1: Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Open the File Explorer on your computer.
- Navigate to the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Double click the file marked ‘Install_AOL_Desktop.’
- Select the ‘Run’ option then click ‘Install Now.’
Solution 2: Reboot your Computer
- Save all your data and close the apps running in the background.
- Click the ‘Windows’ icon on the bottom left side of your screen.
- Open the power actions indicated by the ‘Power’ button.
- Press the ‘Restart’ option and wait for your system to clear the internal memory and reboot.
Solution 3: Repair AOL Desktop Gold
- Go to the search box on the taskbar and type Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel and select the ‘Programs’ option.
- Select ‘Programs and Features’ and search for AOL Gold.
- Right-click AOL Gold and select ‘Repair’ or ‘Change’, then follow the directions on the screen.
Solution 4: Clear Junk Files
- Go to the Start menu on your Windows device.
- Type ‘command’ in the search and open the dialog box.
- Enter the ‘cleanmgr’ command and press then press ‘Enter.’
- Select the drive and the folders from where you want to remove the junk file and then click yes to confirm the action.
If you find that Error Code 104 appears even after you install AOL Desktop Gold once again, then you may need to consult an expert to resolve the issue. You can call the customer care number and speak to a certified expert to get a step-by-step guide on how you can implement a more advanced solution to troubleshoot the problem. Experts and AOL technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you with any error related to your browser.